New Report: Majority of Biden Appointees have Zero Years of Business Experience
Based on our survey of the top 68 officials in the Biden administration, starting with the president himself, and including cabinet members, regulatory officials, and White House advisers, this study finds:
- 62% of Biden appointees who deal with economic policy, regulation, commerce, energy
and finance have virtually no business experience.
- Only one in eight has extensive business experience.
- Average business experience of Biden appointees is only 2.4 years.
- Median years of business experience is zero.
- The vast majority of the Biden economic/commerce team members are professional politicians, lawyers, community organizers, lobbyists, or government employees.
We also compared the Biden administration’s business experience to President Trump’s cabinet officials during his last year in office. We found that the average Trump cabinet member had 13 years of business experience, and the median years of experience was 8.