A number of articles today mark the 40th anniversary of President Nixon severing the dollar from gold:
- The WSJ, Lewis Lehrman
- Forbes, Brian Domitrovic
- The Washington Examiner, Jeffrey Bell
- CNBC, Ralph Benko
- RCM, John Tamny
- TGSN, an open letter, multiple signatories
- The Telegraph (UK), Edmund Conway
- AEI’s The American, John A. Allison and John L. Chapman
- The NY Sun, editorial page
On The Kudlow Report, John Tamny debates gold and the dollar:
The Heritage Foundation advertises an October conference on dollar stability.
On Asia Times, David Goldman defends Wall Street against populist scapegoating.
In The NYT, billionaire investor Warren Buffett advocates higher taxes on the wealthy.
Also on Kudlow, Stephen Moore discusses Buffett’s article:
From The Freeman, Mark Skousen disputes the idea that consumer spending drives the economy.
At COAL, Paul Krugman sees inflation fears fading.